[cairo] BRANCH_1_0 now renamed to 1.0
cworth at cworth.org
Fri Mar 3 17:04:10 PST 2006
If you read my how-to-examine-the-1.0-branch instructions very
carefully, you may have noticed a subtle change. It's an important
change, so I'm mentioning it here explicitly.
When we were using CVS the maintenance branch for the 1.0.x series was
named BRANCH_1_0. This ugly name was due to two factors:
1) CVS didn't allow '.' in a tag
2) CVS didn't distinguish branch tags from other tags
When we did the git import, that ugly name carried across and has been
used for a few commits.
But, now that ugly name is now officially retired and the new name for
the 1.0 maintenance branch is simply:
I've removed the BRANCH_1_0 reference from the central tree. This
means that when you fetch from a previous clone you will see the
error: no such remote ref refs/heads/BRANCH_1_0
Fetch failure: git://git.cairographics.org/git/cairo
The fix is to edit .git/remotes/origin, (or whatever file you use to
manage the central tree), and simply replace references to BRANCH_1_0
with 1.0 instead.
Any new clones of the central repository should be unaffected.
I hope the rename doesn't cause any weird pain with people's personal
repositories, but let me know if it does and we'll sort it out.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/attachments/20060303/cd740333/attachment-0001.pgp
More information about the cairo