[cairo] Re: Using cairo on windows?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon May 22 10:42:16 PDT 2006

On Sun, 21 May 2006 08:59:39 -0500, "Chris Nystrom" wrote:
> I thought the SDL section very helpful. So much so that I broke it out
> into its own section on the wiki ...

Thanks for your contribution. It's nice to see the website (and the
set of contributors!) growing.

I think this is the first time we're seeing source files appear in the
wiki, which is interesting. I definitely like the low barrier to entry
that the wiki provides, that anyone can create/modify these
examples. But actually using the examples might be hard, (they're a
bit long for cut-and-paste, yet there's no download link).

Other options might include moinmoin attachments, (which may recall
being so painful as to use as to be unusable), as well as just getting
this stuff into something like the cairo-demo module, (which would
need to be cleaned up and moved to git), and finding a good way to
make the demos also easily viewable on the web.

So some experimentation there would be most welcome.

The only other nitpick I have is that the name of the library should
be written as "cairo" not "Cairo" unless it is used as the first word
of a sentence. Some of the recent wiki additions don't follow that
scheme.

> > ps: I accidentally sent Carl Worth about 20 mails while updating the Wiki.
> > Sorry! :D
>
> Me, too, I am sure.

No worries. I subscribe to wiki changes for a reason.