[cairo] Contributing pyCairoChart

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue May 23 16:27:35 PDT 2006

On Wed, 24 May 2006 00:16:54 +0200, Martin Lesser wrote:
> Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> writes:
> >
> > The convenience of rendering to a PNG is nice, but do you also have a
> > means to render everything to a cairo context created in the standard
> > pycairo way?
>
> Hmmm. If I could find informations about the "standard pycairo way" I
> would implement this ASAP.

By "standard pycairo way" I was simply trying to refer to the cairo
equivalent of cairo_create. I just didn't know the name for that in
pycairo-land. Cairo::create or something?

If you were writing a C library, I would have asked:

	Why don't you provide a function that accepts a cairo_t* ?

So pretend I understand python well enough to ask the analagous
question, if you wouldn't mind.

>                            The documentation about this standard and
> (for me) the CTM was poor so it caused some headache to get my chart
> engine work properly.
>
> Where could I find more informations about this? I would be happy if the
> long awaited documentation about the cairo graphic model would be
> available online ;-)

I'm sorry you had problems. I'm the first to admit the documentation
is inadequate, but it does keep improving bit by bit.

In the meantime, I hope you will feel free to ask questions here on
this list, or else on IRC (the #cairo at irc.freenode.net).

> Thanks for this advice, I did that.

Thanks.