[cairo] Patches for speeding up _cairo_fixed_from_double

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 11:40:21 PST 2006

On 11/2/06, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 01:53 -0500, Daniel Amelang wrote:
> > +AC_DEFUN([AX_C_FLOAT_WORDS_BIGENDIAN],
> > +  [AC_CACHE_CHECK(whether float word ordering is bigendian,
> > +                  ax_cv_c_float_words_bigendian, [
>
> Just wanted to note that you probably should be using CAIRO_ and cairo_
> instead of AX_ and ax_.  I'll fix that after the patch is landed.

I wrestled a bit over that. Although I may not made the right
decision, let me tell you why I did what I did. The new macro is very
general purpose and may likely come in handy for other projects (I
have my sights on pangocairo) and as such, I chose to follow the
established autoconf naming convention for general purpose autoconf
extensions. For that same reason, I put it in acinclude instead of
directly in configure.in (where the cairo-specific ac macros are).  In
addition, I'm adding this to the Autoconf Macro Archive as AX_ and ax_
(using CAIRO_ and cairo_ would be even less sensical there), and
wanted to keep the connection between the two clear (as they are
identical).

That said, I don't object at all to the naming change, as I was pretty
borderline when I made the decision.

> Also, I suggest you forward your latest message to
> performance-list at gnome.

Done

Dan