[cairo] RE: You have been unsubscribed from the cairo-announce mailing list

Nathaniel Gray n8gray at caltech.edu
Thu Nov 2 18:52:30 PST 2006

Hi,

I recently got the message below telling me that I'm unsubscribed from
cairo-announce.  The problem is, I'm not *truly* subscribed to the main
cairo list -- I've disabled delivery from that list.  Why?  Because in
our wonderful modern world one needs to be subscribed to a list in order
just to *post* to that list, even if one has no interest in following
the list on a daily basis.  I often find that I come and go from random
projects, asking a question here, filing a bug report there, submitting
a patch somewhere else, then going away for a month, a year, or forever.
  I've dipped my toes in a ton of projects, and if I had to actually
*read* the messages from all the lists I've asked questions on I would
never get any work done!

someday want to post a message (like this one!), but I also don't want
to unsubscribe from cairo-announce because that's the list that I
actually care about right now.  So if I re-subscribe to cairo-announce
is a robot going to unsubscribe me again or will I be left in peace? ;^)

Cheers,
-n8

PS:  If it's not obvious by now, please CC me with replies.