[cairo] RE: You have been unsubscribed from the cairo-announce mailing list

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Nov 2 21:22:10 PST 2006

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 18:52:30 -0800, Nathaniel Gray wrote:
> I recently got the message below telling me that I'm unsubscribed from
> cairo-announce.  The problem is, I'm not *truly* subscribed to the main
> cairo list -- I've disabled delivery from that list.  Why?  Because in
> our wonderful modern world one needs to be subscribed to a list in order
> just to *post* to that list, even if one has no interest in following
> the list on a daily basis.

Ah, I wondered if my automated unsubscribing might cause a problem
like this. For anyone that it did, (not that I'm able to reach them
with this mail), please re-subscribe and accept my apologies.

> actually care about right now.  So if I re-subscribe to cairo-announce
> is a robot going to unsubscribe me again or will I be left in peace? ;^)

Nothing will automatically unsubscribe you. I should have checked for
disabled delivery and excluded such addresses when I generated the
list of addresses to delete. I even thought of doing that, but
couldn't find an easy way to get the mailman command-line tools to
give me that information.

Oh, and if I can find a way for mailman to generate such a list I can
easily go back and re-subscribe all affected addresses.

> PS:  If it's not obvious by now, please CC me with replies.

Hehe. Done. And I even went through the subscription process for your
address, so you won't need to do that.