[cairo] Re: [poppler] Re: poppler profiling on geode with cairo backend

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Nov 10 06:39:03 PST 2006

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:12:44 +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> Yes, this patch drastically reduces the time spent on compositeGeneral
> to the point that the pdf reader is now usable on the olpc test board.

Great news!

> What needs to be done for this patch be accepted upstream?

There are really only two things that have been missing:

1) Reminding us that we've been really lousy maintainers and that we
let a useful patch just sit neglected.

	This part is done now. Thanks!

2) Writing a little test case for cairo/perf that will benefit from
the fix.

	So this needs to be done now. Hopefully it's pretty easy to
	figure out some minimal sequence of operations from the PDF
	files we have now, (non-integer scale, set clip path, draw
	stuff?).