[cairo] local PLT check failure for cairo-xcb

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Oct 2 16:02:10 PDT 2006

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 12:34:05 -0700, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> How does this work? cairo_xcb_surface_create_with_xrender_format is used
> inside the implementation but is also public.

Behdad already answered with the missing piece, (slim_hidden_def in
addition to slim_hidden_proto), but I can comment a bit on what's
happening which is create function aliases so that public functions
can be used internally without having to go through an expensive PLT
lookup.

We're using manual tagging, (which painfully requires things in two
places as you ran into). You can contrast this with the approach in
fontconfig where a script automatically generates the header magic
needed for all public functions.