[cairo] Problem with text rendering on Win32+ClearType, and possible fix

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Wed Oct 4 15:26:02 PDT 2006

Owen Taylor writes:
 > I'm not sure that the number of end users is small,

Indeed not; I am told that GIMP for Windows is the most popular
non-"piracy"-related app downloaded from sourceforge. Hmm,
http://sourceforge.net/top/topalltime.php?type=downloads claims 17
million downloads, which is near unbelievable. Probably most of the
downloaders just try it once and decide to go back to their pirated
copy of Photoshop, though.

 > but the number of users in a position to contribute is definitely
 > small,

That's true. I don't think we even have any bug report in (GNOME)
bugzilla about the rendering issue that started this thread ... but
then I guess it might not be visible enough for people to consider it
a bug worth reporting.

--tml