[cairo] Problem with text rendering on Win32+ClearType, and possible fix

Timothée Lecomte timothee.lecomte at ens.fr
Thu Oct 5 06:08:42 PDT 2006

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Owen Taylor writes:
>
>  > but the number of users in a position to contribute is definitely
>  > small,
>
> That's true. I don't think we even have any bug report in (GNOME)
> bugzilla about the rendering issue that started this thread ... but
> then I guess it might not be visible enough for people to consider it
> a bug worth reporting.
>
> --tml

For your information, I have seen that bug since it exists for my
gnuplot backend based on cairo, but Windows isn't my development
platform at all, and I first thought my eyes were too tired ;)

I'm patiently waiting for the next binaries with the fix, either from
the next version or from a patched 1.2.4 (I could build cairo by myself
though, it's not that hard once you have mingw installed).

Best regards,

Timothée