[cairo] Source files without copyright attribution
cworth at cworth.org
Wed Apr 11 17:05:58 PDT 2007
It has recently come to my attention that we have some source files in
the distribution without any copyright statement.
All of these are in the test/ or boilerplate/ directories, so they
don't form part of the compiled library, but they should definitely
still have the appropriate statements in place, (and for these files,
the MIT license used for files in test/ and boilerplate).
The list of files is below, along with the name of the person who
originally committed the file. Could the people below please do one of
the following (in order of my preference):
1. Add an appropriate copyright statement and push the file to git's
2. Add an appropriate copyright statement and email the file here to
the cairo mailing list for inclusion in cairo.
3. Send an email to the cairo mailing list stating the proper copyright
attribution and giving us permission to add that.
Here are the files and original submitters:
Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org>
[*] Original file by Carl Worth with attribution---later replaced with
a file without attribution
Vladimir Vukicevic <vladimir at pobox.com>
Billy Biggs <vektor at dumbterm.net>
Michael Emmel <mike.emmel at gmail.com>
Kristian Høgsberg <krh at redhat.com>
And here's the standard attribution and license (MIT) for test/ and
boilerplate/ files, (change the first and last lines to mention
yourself or your employer as appropriate).
* Copyright © 2007 <Your name, or your employer>
* Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
* obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation
* files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without
* restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy,
* modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies
* of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
* furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
* The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
* included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
* EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
* MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
* NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS
* BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN
* ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN
* CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
* Author: Your Name <you at example.com>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/attachments/20070411/a76703a0/attachment.pgp
More information about the cairo