[cairo] (no subject)

Baz brian.ewins at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 11:10:21 PDT 2007

On 24/04/07, Travis Griggs <tgriggs at cincom.com> wrote:

> I'm putting together a slide presentation. And was putting together a slide
> attempting to demonstrate the growing presence of Cairo in the industry. I
> know it's being used in GTK. I understand it's being used in Firefox? What
> others? Not that those aren't big enough. It runs on OSX/Windows/Linux. I
> see Solaris posts from time to time and even OS/2.

Did you see http://www.cairographics.org/examples ? It mentions quite
a few others, eg SWT on linux (which is the toolkit for Eclipse, so
quite mainstream), and some OpenOffice.org stuff.

AbiWord have cairo as the default backend on all platforms
*tentatively* scheduled for 2.8
http://www.abiword.org/twiki/bin/view/Abiword/AbiWordFuturePlans
(but since the cairo backend has been on their summer of code list 2
years running and hasn't been picked up as a project, I don't know how
likely this really is)