[cairo] Cairo on embedded device

Torsten Mohr tmohr at s.netic.de
Tue Aug 7 12:49:31 PDT 2007

Hi,

> > I am trying to port swfdec(flash library) on ARM9. swfdec internally
> > uses cairo for all the rendering stuff. So I want to know whether cairo
> > will work properly on my device or not?
> >
> > My LCD is supporting 16 bpp and it supports RGB555 format. So will cairo
> > work? Or I will have to include support for RGB555?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Shabbir
>
> Hi,
> I am using Cairo on an embedded device (ARM).
> The LCD supports RGB565 format, and I have used the patch provided by
> David Hill (see
> <http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2007-May/010670.html>).

this is an interesting topic.

How is this seen from licensing point of view?  I hesitate to use
Cairo in a project because L-GPL forces me to _not_ link statically
and to supply anybody who wants them with object files.

Did i miss something regarding the license?  I'd be glad to be able
to use Cairo in a project and link it statically without getting into
trouble afterwards.

Best regards,
Torsten.