[cairo] OT: Where to host a GPL project that involves Cairo

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 06:29:08 PST 2007

Okay,
 My little canvas animation prototype is starting to glare at me and wants to
be free. I have been looking around recently for the best place to host it
and wanted to get your opinions.

 It's Python based, but my hope is that it's utility will be seen by someone
who can take it to the obvious conclusion and convert it into a fast c/c++
library and then make Python/etc. wrappers for it.
 This is why I am calling it a prototype, it's to spark other people -- mainly
because it's bound to be too slow as a pure Python app. It's surprisingly
quick on my machine, but I've a nice fast cpu and really can't tell what's
real.

I have looked at Launchpad, but they don't provide a wiki. I find Sourceforge
too slow, but it's an option. There's Google code, but I don't know what they
really offer -- it's hard to find what it's about. Savannah has hosted my
previous project (fontypython) but that has since moved (also due to
bugginess and lack of a wiki)  to webfactional.com, which is another option.

 I really need something simple: a place to put the code and a place to start
a wiki where I can create a website for docs and samples etc.

Sorry for the OT post.

\d
--
When there's an emergency how come we never hear anyone shout "Let me through,
I'm an aromatherapist!"