[cairo] OT: Where to host a GPL project that involves Cairo

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Dec 12 09:32:39 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 09:29 -0500, Donn wrote:

> Okay,
>  My little canvas animation prototype is starting to glare at me and wants to
> be free. I have been looking around recently for the best place to host it
> and wanted to get your opinions.
>
>  It's Python based, but my hope is that it's utility will be seen by someone
> who can take it to the obvious conclusion and convert it into a fast c/c++
> library and then make Python/etc. wrappers for it.
>  This is why I am calling it a prototype, it's to spark other people -- mainly
> because it's bound to be too slow as a pure Python app. It's surprisingly
> quick on my machine, but I've a nice fast cpu and really can't tell what's
> real.

Playing with canvases to learn is a great idea for sure.  But about
converting it to a proper library, have you checked out the available
options already?  There are quite a few listed here:

  http://cairographics.org/examples/

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh