[cairo] text on win32

JORDAN MINER jminer2613 at students.pcci.edu
Thu Feb 1 13:08:15 PST 2007

Hello, this is my first post here, although I've been using cairo for over
a year now. I've been working on a (to-be cross-platform) GUI library for
the D programming language, and I've been using cairo to draw everything
in it. So far, I've just used 0.6, 0.9, and 1.0. I decided to finally
start using 1.3 namely because I need get_clip_rectangles_list and other
additions. Thanks to everyone who made this great library.

For now, I am just drawing text with cairo_show_text, but with 1.3.12,
only the first letter is shown. It does actually draw all of the text, but
the letters are just so far apart that usually only the first one is
visible on screen. I can put a screenshot online if desired.

It takes me a couple hours to get a version of cairo compiled, so I have
not tested any other versions. I just know that it works with 1.0 and does
not with 1.3.12. Has anyone heard of this before? Is there anything I
might have done wrong?

Jordan