[cairo] bug 4945: six months to fix a bug ?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Feb 1 13:24:56 PST 2007

Hi Marc,

Your message pretty much answers itself.  But I highlight some points.
These are my personal thought.  Not representing cairo developers at
all.

  - We are not looking for a "cleaner" patch than that of Eric.  We are
just looking for "clean" patch.  Eric's is definitely not.  You've known
if you had took a little look at it.  As a principle, we do not commit
temporary hacks to cairo.  And I think this is accepted practice to
leave it to distributions to pick temporary hacks.

  - Thank you for telling us what we should be working on.
Unfortunately our view of importance is different from that of yours.
While supporting 8-bit displays is important to us, it has not been
important enough to anyone to fix it cleanly.

behdad