[cairo] Compile Mac OS X universal binary of cairo

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Feb 6 08:03:19 PST 2007

Baz wrote:
> In short, I don't think anyone is doing universal builds of cairo
> without lipo.

This sort of problem is exactly why I advocated against a configure-
time endian check when this code was added, and then tried to get
at least a special case made for Mac OS X.

Lipo should only be used/needed when building binaries with different
SDKs, e.g. 10.3.9 PPC + 10.4.x Intel, but when building "fat" binaries
with the same SDK we should be able to do it without resorting to
running lipo manually (especially when we are only talking about 3
lines of preprocessor directives in one file...)