[cairo] Cairo and OpenGL on Mac OS X

Clemens Nylandsted Klokmose clemensklokmose at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 10:30:43 PST 2007

Hi
After spending most of a day trying to get Cairo working with PyCairo,
I finally got every dependency sorted out and were able to build
PyCairo. I had some troubles getting the compiled files in the right
place, as I have Python installed as a framework in my Library folder,
but managed to move them into the right place. Now I get this error
though:

ImportError: Failure linking new module:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/cairo/_cairo.so:
Symbol not found:
_cairo_pdf_surface_set_dpi_REPLACED_BY_cairo_surface_set_fallback_resolution
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/cairo/_cairo.so

I might have installed PyCairo in a wrong manner, but perhaps someone
have been trying to do the same thing?

Regards,
Clemens