[cairo] Re: [cairo-commit] 4 commits - src/cairo-output-stream.c src/cairo-pdf-surface.c

Adrian Johnson ajohnson at redneon.com
Mon Feb 12 13:38:51 PST 2007

Carl Worth wrote:
>>     PDF: Fix Type3 font metrics to make text selection work
>
> This is really exciting.
>
> Can we now say that PDF text selection should pretty much always work
> in the upcoming 1.4 release? Or are there still known issues?

It should pretty much work. Text extraction from ligatures will not
work. Atsui needs an implementation of load_truetype_table.

The only other issues I found are not related to cairo. Text selection
of Type 3 fonts does not work in Evince. Text selection of rotated Type
3 fonts in Adobe Reader does not work.

I also noticed a bug in cairo with rotated bitmap fonts. In the PDF and
PS output the glyphs are rotated at the wrong angle.