[cairo] Re: [cairo-commit] 4 commits - src/cairo-output-stream.c src/cairo-pdf-surface.c

Baz brian.ewins at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 18:20:04 PST 2007

On 12/02/07, Adrian Johnson <ajohnson at redneon.com> wrote:
> Carl Worth wrote:
> >>     PDF: Fix Type3 font metrics to make text selection work
> >
> > This is really exciting.
> >
> > Can we now say that PDF text selection should pretty much always work
> > in the upcoming 1.4 release? Or are there still known issues?

I tried implementing load_truetype_table for ATSUI; text selection and
searching in the pdfs started working, but all the glyphs displayed in
Preview came out as boxes (ie same as glyphid 0).

Just for comparison, I rebuilt with the default options (no
atsui/quartz, ft/xlib enabled instead) and I see exactly the same
thing.  So it looks like this stuff is just broken on the mac, unless
it's my build.

If someone would send me a copy of pdf-features.pdf generated with the
ft font backend, so I can check its the same as mine, that'd be useful
though. I'm building from ac01dcb5ad077d8ea08a93348fc23d4a891abaae .

Cheers,
 Baz