[cairo] Win32 makefiles patch

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Feb 13 16:57:24 PST 2007

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 03:41:43 -0800, "Daniel Amelang" wrote:
> The Makefile.win32 makefiles are out-of-date. This patch makes cairo
> compilable with then again. I also did some very minor work on the
> "clean" rules.
>
> Good enough to push?

I've got ahead and pushed this now.

I was surprised to discover that the following commands:

	chmod a-x src/Makefile.win32
	git commit -a --amend

were not sufficient to fix the inadvertent mode change. That looks
like a git bug to me. But I fixed it by making a new branch instead.

Oh, and since we were recently talking about attachments vs. inline
patches. This inline patch was broken:

>  clean:
> -	@rm -f *.obj || rm -f *.dll || rm -f *.lib || rm -f *.exe || rm -f
> *.exe.manifest || rm -f *.pdb || rm -f *.ilk || exit 0

There's line wrapping there that breaks the patch so it won't apply.

Oh, you're using gmail? Were you avoiding attachments because it
unconditionally puts them in base64 encoding or something?

If so it sounds like you may have a lose-lose situation there, (either
unreadable patch attachments or broken inline patches). :(