[cairo] Image scaling performance on X

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 27 11:12:41 PST 2007

Eric Anholt wrote:
> It's up to applications that care to do
> timings and find alternative methods if Render performance isn't up to
> their needs.

Sure.  That's all I want too -- in this case the entity using Render is cairo,
so it would make sense for cairo to do this.

Or are you suggesting that any cairo consumer suffering from performance issues
due to Render should write their own separate cairo surface implementation and
use it instead of cairo_xlib_surface?  That doesn't seem like the way to go...

-Boris