[cairo] Cairo performance comparison, 770 / N800 / PXA-320

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 11:00:09 PST 2007

Hi!

We have all sorts of funny hardware at the office, so I thought I'd
make a quick run of cairo-perf with the Cairo 1.3.10 snapshot and see
how they relate to each other.

There's some funny things I encountered in the results, and I hope
people on both lists can offer insights on why.

Details at

  http://syslog.movial.fi

but let's just say that the results were predictable in general, with
some surprises:

N800 is naturally faster than 770, but I didn't expect the xlib
backend to have so big differences between the two.

For the cairo audience there's the question of the tessellation
process, can it really be so fast on the PXA-320 or is there a bug
somewhere that twists the results? What could be so good in PXA-320
(or not-good on the other devices) that the results are so drastic?

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi