[cairo] Re: [maemo-developers] Improving Cairo performance on the N800

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 13:51:32 PST 2007

On 1/16/07, Fernando Herrera <fernando.herrera-de-las-heras at nokia.com> wrote:
> El mar, 16-01-2007 a las 12:20 +0200, ext Daniel Stone escribió:
> > We don't currently use the MBX block at all: there's no driver or
> > anything to hook into.
>
> There was a linux driver for PowerVR from Imagination Technologies for
> 2.4 kernels, but I think is not open source :(

Yea, it's not. While I was in the Linux driver section of the PowerVR
website, I also saw this:

"We have currently no plans of providing drivers supporting updated kernels."

Where "updated kernels" refers to > 2.4. Ouch. Too bad there isn't a
large enough developer community to make an open-source driver
feasible.

Maybe if Nokia pressured TI who then pressured PowerVR...I know, I
know, not gonna happen.

Dan Amelang