[cairo] Poor man's dummy surfaces

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Jan 23 20:26:44 PST 2007

Hey egyptians,

So, in lack of better "dummy" surfaces for measurement purposes, I want
to make sure the following idioms succeed:

  cairo_image_surface_create (*, 0, 0);
  cairo_image_surface_create_for_data (NULL, *, 0, 0, 0);

  cairo_{ps,pdf,svg}_surface_create (NULL, *, *);
  cairo_{ps,pdf,svg}_surface_create_for_stream (NULL, *, *, *);

  cairo_xlib_surface_create (??, *, ??, *, *);

The idea is to be able to get surfaces as near as to your destination
surface (font options, etc), yet not have to allocate resources outside
cairo, or cleanup after.

Am I crazy?  And how should the xlib one work?

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759