OpenGL backend (was Re: [cairo] Create a new backend)

Johannes Schmidt sdl at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 31 15:34:28 PST 2007

On Mittwoch 31 Januar 2007, Jeremy L. Moles wrote:
[...]
> I'm doing something similar with OpenSceneGraph and PixeBufferObjects.
> Basically, cairo renders on a image surface which is actually a PBO
> region...
>
> Out of curiosity, is the same approach you've taken?

I don't know PixelBufferObject, but I think that my approach is different.

It's very simple and just renders the trapezoids given to
composite_trapezoids.
There are no sofisticated things and no FBOs or PBuffers and such, but this
way it should work with any given OpenGL context (WGL, GLX, AGL, FBO, mesa
offscreen buffer, etc.).
Operator support is still missing as I didn't need them yet, but I hope that
this shouldn't be too difficult to implement using OpenGL logical operators.

Regards,
Johannes