Update: [cairo] how to interface with an NSWindow (please help!)

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Thu Mar 1 09:12:48 PST 2007

On Mar 1, 2007, at 6:08, Stephen Sinclair wrote:

> I'm not a Mac expert either, but I had a quick look at the
> NSGraphicsContext stuff.
> I know that OS X does a lot more buffering and off-screen compositing
> stuff than Windows XP.
> I noticed, for example, that NSGraphicsContext has a function called
> flushGraphics:
> "Forces any buffered operations or data to be sent to the receiver's
> destination."
>
> Have you tried that?

I have now. :) Thank you.

So a flushGraphics on the NSGC realizes the changes. Shouldn't Cairo
being doing this though? At *least* as part of it's own flush()
function. Though I'd like to not have to litter my drawing sequences
with well intentioned flushes, since I was shooting for xplatform
here, and I don't have to do that for Win/Xlib.

For now, this gives me something I can use to do prototyping.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist