[cairo] cairo 1.3.16 with quartz and atsui

Ryan Schmidt cairo-2007a at ryandesign.com
Sun Mar 4 22:27:26 PST 2007

On Mar 3, 2007, at 21:08, Baz wrote:

> On 04/03/07, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:
>
>> > For this one, should automake fail to enable quartz if xlib is
>> > enabled? Or should --enable-quartz disable xlib?
>>
>> Probably; I don't really know how to resolve the Picture conflict
>> otherwise, and I'm not sure if there is any value in doing so -- a
>> Cairo
>> that supports xlib (perfectly valid on the Mac) will probably be
>> used by
>> a totally different class of apps than one that supports Quartz.
>
> Ok, I've just pushed the change to warn about xlib, since splitting
> the boilerplate seemed to need more thought, ad the warning is useful
> for now. So Ryan, the flags you need are:
>
> --enable-quartz --disable-xlib

Thanks, that works. That's what I was going to try next, just hadn't
gotten around to it.

> and autogen should be a little more helpful about telling you this.

Wonderful.

FYI, the only cairo-using app I'm interested in is Graphviz. They use
the cairo xlib/freetype backends currently, but the way the text
comes out in the graphs is decidedly yuckier than what I'm used to
seeing from native Mac OS X apps. So I'd like for Graphviz to be able
to use the quartz/atsui backends instead if they're available. I'm
not sure how we get there, since I can't really call myself a C
programmer and the Graphviz programmers don't spend so much time with
Macs, but compiling a quartz/atzui cairo was the first step. Thanks
for your help getting me that far.