[cairo] cairo 1.3.16 with quartz and atsui

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Mon Mar 5 05:24:43 PST 2007

On Mar 5, 2007, at 1:27, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> Probably; I don't really know how to resolve the Picture conflict
>>> otherwise, and I'm not sure if there is any value in doing so --
>>> a Cairo
>>> that supports xlib (perfectly valid on the Mac) will probably be
>>> used by
>>> a totally different class of apps than one that supports Quartz.
>>
>> Ok, I've just pushed the change to warn about xlib, since splitting
>> the boilerplate seemed to need more thought, ad the warning is useful
>> for now. So Ryan, the flags you need are:
>>
>> --enable-quartz --disable-xlib
>
> Thanks, that works. That's what I was going to try next, just
> hadn't gotten around to it.
>
>> and autogen should be a little more helpful about telling you this.
>
> Wonderful.
>

> FYI, the only cairo-using app I'm interested in is Graphviz. They
> use the cairo xlib/freetype backends currently, but the way the
> text comes out in the graphs is decidedly yuckier than what I'm
> used to seeing from native Mac OS X apps. So I'd like for Graphviz
> to be able to use the quartz/atsui backends instead if they're
> available. I'm not sure how we get there, since I can't really call
> myself a C programmer and the Graphviz programmers don't spend so
> much time with Macs, but compiling a quartz/atzui cairo was the
> first step. Thanks for your help getting me that far.

I'd like some clarification pretty please. I'm using 1.2.6 right now
on PPC OSX. I actually use both interfaces. I have some stuff that
uses xlib interfaces, and other which goes straight through the
quartz interface. When I get around to upgrading to 1.4, am I still
going to be able to do this?

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist