[cairo] Re: Re: Mark cairo_fixed_t conversion functions with attribute(const)

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Wed Mar 21 12:05:36 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 14:26 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Well, meet Chris Wilson :).
>
> He's amazing at janitorial work.  This kind of work typically improves
> code quality without necessarily having measurable effects right now.
> For example, for past few days, he's been working on improving cairo's
> error handling.  That's a very valuable work since people typically
> don't like doing this kind of mud work, and normally we would have to
> find and plug those holes one at a time when enough bug reports come in
> to let us find out where there is one...

I totally agree, the error handling patches are wonderful pieces of work
that should be committed without a doubt.  I'm interested in seeing if
there are any visible differences in (say) adding the const attribute to
the fixed conversions (which will micro-optimise code and probably not
make a visible difference in the general case), or the heapless
allocation code (which I'm pretty sure will be noticable in the GTK+
theme torturer).

Ross
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross at burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross at burtonini.com