[cairo] Cairo on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah at jeremiahfoster.com
Sat Mar 24 08:43:05 PDT 2007

Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 06:39:54PM -0700:  Carl Worth mangled some bits into this alignment:

> > I am sorry, I was unclear. The error message I pasted was a two part message with the
> > first part mentioning cairo.pc. I did read both messages carefully and tried to set the
> > required variables. The question is where? I passed the variables on the command line,
> > and added them to the autogen.sh script, but nothing seemed to work.
>
> Ah, OK.
>
> This is an environment variable. Most shells allow you to set an
> environment variable for a single process directly on the command-line
> when executing the command. Something like this:
>
> 	ACLOCAL_FLAGS=/path/to/directory/containing/pkg.m4 ./autogen.sh
>
> But the exact means of setting an environment variable might vary
> depending on your shell.

Yeah, I am using bash. I set that variable there in the first place since when
I hear the words "environment variable" in regards to a shell script I assume they
mean in the shell. I set it with the traditional PATH implementation;

ACLOCAL_FLAGS=$PATH:/dir/:/another/dir/ in my .bashrc file.

And I set it like this on the command line: ACLOCAL_FLAGS=/dir/ and neither
worked. This is why I am unclear where I should set it. I am not in front of
the Apple machine right now so I can't read the script to see if it drops one
into another shell or if the script uses ksh, csh, tcsh (which is the default
under OS X) or what. I will look a little more closely and report back.

	Jeremiah