[cairo] font to use for tests

Peter Weilbacher (Mozilla) mozilla at weilbacher.org
Tue May 15 13:37:18 EEST 2007

[Oops, sorry, forgot to CC the list on the first reply attempt.]

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 15:08 -0400, Peter Weilbacher wrote:
>> Dave and I have been fiddling around with the tests on OS/2 again. Most
>> of them seem to work fine and give PASS but the ones that use text all
>> FAIL with cairo 1.4.6. The problem is that the font used (Bitstream Vera
>> Sans in most cases) appears to be wider for us than in the reference
>> images.
>>
>> The test(s?) where serif fonts are used work fine. This can be seen
>> in select-font-face. The leftmost part with serifs is empty in the diff
>> image but non-empty where the sans part starts... The wider font also
>> has the effect in many cases that the test text doesn't actually fit into
>> the test image.
>
> Weird.  It may have something with your version of freetype.  What are
> you using?  And, with patented bytecode interpreter enabled?  This last
> one should not have the effect you describe though.

I had been using FreeType 2.1.10 with default config options (which I
think leaves the patented stuff switched off). Over the weekend I upgraded
to the current FT 2.3.4 and while I fiddled around with a few options
(mostly for debugging other things) I didn't see any apparent changes.

   Peter.