[cairo] font to use for tests

Peter Weilbacher mozilla at weilbacher.org
Wed May 16 20:19:29 EEST 2007

Peter Weilbacher (Mozilla) wrote:
> Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>> On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 15:08 -0400, Peter Weilbacher wrote:
>>> The test(s?) where serif fonts are used work fine. This can be seen
>>> in select-font-face. The leftmost part with serifs is empty in the diff
>>> image but non-empty where the sans part starts... The wider font also
>>> has the effect in many cases that the test text doesn't actually fit into
>>> the test image.
>> Weird.  It may have something with your version of freetype.  What are
>> you using?  And, with patented bytecode interpreter enabled?  This last
>> one should not have the effect you describe though.
>
> I had been using FreeType 2.1.10 with default config options (which I
> think leaves the patented stuff switched off). Over the weekend I upgraded
> to the current FT 2.3.4 and while I fiddled around with a few options
> (mostly for debugging other things) I didn't see any apparent changes.

It was Fontconfig that acted weird and actually gave a different font than
the one asked for. Don't know why I didn't notice that. Doodle and me are
working on improving the OS/2 emulation of Fontconfig to fix that.

Now I just have to figure out why some of the ps-argb32 tests fail while
the respective image-argb32 and ps-rgb24 tests pass. Perhaps an issue
with gs...

   Peter.