[cairo] Plans for 1.6?

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Tue Nov 27 12:54:55 PST 2007

Howdy,

Mozilla's been following 1.5.x development closely with our tree, and
we'd like to converge on a 1.6 release.  From our end, I think that
we're generally pretty happy with the state of cairo right now; there
are a few specific things missing, such as lack of CAIRO_EXTEND_PAD
for surface patterns.  We'll have a b2 release in about 3 weeks, and
will be aiming for a b3 at the end of January/early February.  It
would be great if we could get in a 1.6 release in early to mid
January (or a 1.6.1) so that linux distros who plan to link Firefox
with the system-provided cairo version could plan for the upgrade.

What are the outstanding projects/features still planned for 1.6?
Would be good to figure this out before things start winding down for
the holidays.

     - Vlad