[cairo] install latest cairo + pango + gtk

Nguyen Vu Hung vuhung16plus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 03:10:00 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Under a system that already has cairo + pango + gtk system-wide
installed, all of them are not latest versions, I want to install them
into my $HOME. First of all, I want to test the Unicode text rendering
of pangocairo as Chris recommended.

I've tried:

 1060  cd cairo-1.4.10
 1061  ls
 1062  ./configure --prefix=$HOME; make; make install
 1067  vi config-vh.sh
 1068  ./config-vh.sh
 1069  make
          make install
$cat config-vh.sh
#!/bin/sh

CPPFLAGS=-I$HOME/include
export CPPFLAGS
LDFLAGS=-L$HOME/lib
export LDFLAGS
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH
./configure --prefix=$HOME

# compile test code:
1045  cc -L~/lib `pkg-config --cflags --libs pangocairo --libs cairo
--libs pango` utf8test-pango.c -o utf8test-pango
]$./utf8test-pango
./utf8test-pango: error while loading shared libraries:
libpangocairo-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

That's what I've gone so far...

--
Best Regards,