[cairo] Cairo and FLTK?

Bill Spitzak spitzak at thefoundry.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 05:00:58 PDT 2007

The following code should return a cairo surfact_t that can be used to
draw into an fltk window. You would call this inside your
window/widget's draw() function:

/** Fltk cairo create surface function accepting a Window* as input */
cairo_surface_t* fltk::cairo_create_surface(Window* wi) {
   XWindow window = fltk::xid(wi);
   cairo_surface_t* surface =  cairo_xlib_surface_create(xdisplay, window,
				   xvisual->visual, wi->w(), wi->h());
   cairo_xlib_surface_set_size(surface, wi->w(), wi->h());
   return surface;
}

This function exists in fltk2 but only if it is compiled with the
configuration USE_CAIRO option.

--
Bill Spitzak, Senior Software Engineer
The Foundry, 1 Wardour Street, London, W1D 6PA, UK