[cairo] install latest cairo + pango + gtk

Nguyen Vu Hung vuhung16plus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 03:49:17 PDT 2007

2007/10/29, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk>:
> Nguyen Vu Hung (vuhung16plus at gmail.com) said:

> I use jhbuild [svn://svn.gnome.org/svn/jhbuild] to maintain parallel
> development environments, and it is especially useful where you need to
> compile, install and use the latest library versions from within your
> writeable area.
It sounds like a great tool and fits nicely my needs.. Thanks.

> All you're missing here is 'export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/lib'. You may
> also consider adding 'export PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH' as well, as a few
> libraries install binaries that are used during the compilation phase.
> However, for the toolchain you are compiling, they should all be using
> paths provided by pkg-config.

Some of my coleagues has changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH system wide so my
test code also read the wrong LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/lib

did solve the problem.

The next lesson for me is learning jhbuild :D.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu