[cairo] Cairo and FLTK?

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 03:57:34 PDT 2007

2007/10/29, Peter Meier <meier at irt.de>:
> Hello to everybody!
>
> Is there anyone out there who has experience in using cairo with FLTK?
> Can anyone give me a hint or a short example?

I don't know FLTK that well, but the basic requirements with
integration to toolkits is that you can acquire a cairo surface for
the platform resource (ie. X window usually) which means the toolkit
API needs to expose this. I didn't see anything like that with a quick
peek into the API docs, but that of course doesn't mean it's
impossible.

You'll also likely need a bit of knowledge about how the drawing model
goes underneath the hood of the toolkit, as some do double-buffering
so it's not always self-evident *where* you are drawing for example.

When you get the platform resource there's all sort of quirks
(specially with X11) in creating a surface of it, but once past those
the usual cairo_create()-workflow should work.

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi