[cairo] Painting PNG on PDF surface

Stefan Bellon bellon at axivion.com
Mon Oct 29 15:05:26 PDT 2007

On Mo, 29 Okt, Adrian Johnson wrote:

> - surface->emitted_pattern.pattern);
> + surface->emitted_pattern.pattern.id);

I wonder why this bug is only noticable on Sparc Solaris and not on x86
GNU/Linux or Windows. The former code dumps the pointer to the pattern,
the latter the pattern id, if I guess correctly (not having looked
closer at the code).

The difference in behaviour must come from the different endianness of
the machines, I think. But that only means that, given a certain form
of pointer to the pattern, the bug must be noticable on x86 GNU/Linux
and Windows as well, mustn't it?

Greetings,
Stefan

--