[cairo] [patch] Proposed fix for the miter bug (#7245)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Oct 30 08:15:22 PDT 2007

On At Tue, 30 Oct 2007 01:08:12 -0500, "Michael Urman" wrote:

> I think I found an error in the final algebraic steps:

Yes, thank you!

> 4/(1 - cos(psi)) + (1-cos(psi)) > 8 * ((tolerance/line_width)² + 0.5)
>
> I think fixing this will cause more angles not to fall through into
> bevels, so that could match the symptoms described.

Indeed! With this correction, everything in the test suite passes just
fine. I also did a little testing of interactively adjusting some
miter-joined line segments. I found that the new small-angle
transition from a miter to a bevel join is imperceptible.

Thanks for your review, Michael.