[cairo] Porting of Cairo Graphics to T-Engine - Source Linking Issue

Mukul Sharma elitecoder.mukul at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 01:21:13 PDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I believe my previous message was an open ended question in itself. I
apologize for the same and put an effort to amend my question in this
message.

I have currently been trying to compile the source of Cairo Graphics using
existing T-Kernel compiler, but I have not been able to figure out how are
the object files linking together to form an executable. I analysed the
existing Makefile and observed the compilation of various *.C files and *.H
files, but the linking pattern is still not known to me, as I am finding it
very difficult to comprehend the Makefile structure.

I wish to know, if any person has tried porting CG between other platforms,
and if yes, can, I please contact the person regarding my doubts. And if
that is not possible, is there any guide written for the same so that I
could get an idea of how to proceed with the task.

I also wish to know, if the porting was done using the existing Makefile or
was a new Makefile written from Scratch. If the Makefile was written from
scratch, then I would request the author to let me have a look over the
code, so that I may learn from it and write my own.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Er. Mukul Sharma
Research Intern
Centre for High Performance Embedded Systems, NTU, Singapore
+65-82068063

"A person who runs from responsibilities, runs from life."

"It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole
scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad
things are very easy to get."