[cairo] exporting cairo_surface_{copy, show}_page and deprecating cairo_{copy, show}_page

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Sep 11 12:08:37 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 15:01 -0400, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:
> Stuart pointed out that copy_page/show_page are really surface calls,
> and don't have anything to do with the current drawing context -- e.g.,
> it's perfectly valid to create/destroy contexts multiple times with one
> surface before calling show_page on it to get the final rendered output.

Yes, I noticed this too, and put it in TODO.  You can remove them in
your patch.  Also grep for cairo_surface_show_page in boilerplate and
fix that too.

> The attached patch exposes cairo_surface_{copy,show}_page, and marks the
> previous cairo_{copy,show}_page as deprecated.  The deprecation is
> indicated only in the documentation -- is there a better way to annotate
> this?  Or, maybe they shouldn't even be deprecated, but just documented
> as shorthand for cairo_show_page(cairo_get_target(cr)) ?

I'm for no deprecation at all.  We have lots of cairo_t convenience
functions.  These are no exception.

>      - Vlad

Also needs to update doc/public/cairo-sections.txt.  As far as I'm
concerned, commit it away.

Thanks,

--
behdad