[cairo] GSoC Project - API Reference to wiki port

Bill Weepie makzukun at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 09:55:49 PDT 2008

Hello Cairo,

I'm a student of Computer Science at Iowa State University.  I'm interested
in helping improve the Cairo wiki and API reference for the Summer of Code
2008.  A few questions:

I notice there are quite a few docbook files in the Cairo source tree.  Are
these references kept current?  If so, the best plan to keep the API
reference current would be transforming these docbook files to markdown
syntax for the wiki to consume.  My proposal would be to write an xslt
stylesheet and/or parser module for ikiwiki to do this transformation.  A
module like this would directly benefit Cairo, but would also be usable by
any software project using docbook and ikiwiki at once.

Is this a reasonable way to tackle this problem, or am I missing something
important?

Thanks,
Bill Weepie