[cairo] Moving Pango from atsui fonts to CG fonts?

Richard Hult richard at imendio.com
Wed Apr 23 23:28:19 PDT 2008

Behdad Esfahbod skrev:
> On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 22:42 +0200, Richard Hult wrote:
>>
>> Basically the only place where pango uses ATSUI is in the module, the
>> rest uses a mix of ATS and NSFontManager mostly to do enumeration,
>> which
>> CGFont doesn't handle at all, so I don't think we can do much about
>> that
>> (we can wait a while and depend on 10.5 and use CoreText which is
>> supposed to replace the old ATS* APIs).
>
> Ah I see.  So, should pangocairo-atsui.h be renamed at some point or
> not?  That's mostly what my question is.

Possibly to pangocairo-nsfont or -nsfontmanager since that is mainly
what's used to do the enumeration (but as I said, it also uses ATS in
combination with that). I think the current name is fine until we can
add a CoreText based version and probably deprecate the old one at that
point.

/Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/