[cairo] Rendering error in cairo-1.5.10 and up

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Apr 24 17:13:27 PDT 2008

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:18:53 +0200, Franz Schmid wrote:
> Sadly i can't do that, as this doesn't happen always, its kinda
> random, sometimes it doesn't happen, but mostly it does.

I doubt it's random. I imagine it has to do with precise numerical
conditions as you scale and/or translate, etc.

> And the stroking a path code in Scribus is very very close to
> the dashed stroke sample on the cairo website, so there is
> nothing special with it.

Sure. But there are likely precise numerical conditions that trigger
the bug. If you use cairo-trace as I pointed to in the the previous
bug, it will stream all the values out and you can grab some sequence
corresponding to the buggy behavior.

That would be extremely valuable to us. (Otherwise, we've never seen
this behavior and have nothing to go on as far as debugging it.)

Thanks,