[cairo] Rendering error in cairo-1.5.10 and up

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid at altmuehlnet.de
Fri Apr 25 07:49:04 PDT 2008

Carl Worth schrieb:
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:18:53 +0200, Franz Schmid wrote:
>> Sadly i can't do that, as this doesn't happen always, its kinda
>> random, sometimes it doesn't happen, but mostly it does.
>
> I doubt it's random. I imagine it has to do with precise numerical
> conditions as you scale and/or translate, etc.
>
>> And the stroking a path code in Scribus is very very close to
>> the dashed stroke sample on the cairo website, so there is
>> nothing special with it.
>
> Sure. But there are likely precise numerical conditions that trigger
> the bug. If you use cairo-trace as I pointed to in the the previous
> bug, it will stream all the values out and you can grab some sequence
> corresponding to the buggy behavior.
Hmm, there are 2 things i observed:
1) it has nothing to do with scaling or other transformations, it
   happens at all zoom levels and with rotated or non rotated frames.

2) it definitly does not happen if you don't close the path. It does
   only happen to closed paths. I assume that the implicit moveTo
   at the end of a closed path triggers it.

Franz Schmid