[cairo] cacheable image representation now on a branch

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sat Dec 13 01:11:56 PST 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 09:51 +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> >> 1) I fixed the large-source failure for Quartz.
> >
> > I don't if modifying the test is the best way to fix the problem.
> > Instead it probably makes sense to have api for querying the maximum
> > size of a surface à la glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE, &texSize);
>
> What about also (simpler to do) a CAIRO_STATUS_SURFACE_TOO_BIG error and
> halving the size in the test until the error does not show anymore?

But the large-source test only uses a 20x20 source - surely Quartz is
not failing to allocate that! Oh I think I see the issue - it attempts
to make a CGImage large enough to accommodate the whole image and not
just cover the region of interest - shame on Quartz for having such
small image surfaces! (However CAIRO_STATUS_SURFACE_TOO_BIG sounds like
a good idea and would clarify a few errors which are currently
mis-reported as NO_MEMORY.)
--
Chris