[cairo] --disable-freetype configure switch gone?

Ryan Schmidt cairo-2008c at ryandesign.com
Mon Dec 22 23:10:08 PST 2008

On Dec 22, 2008, at 10:38, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I get this warning when configuring cairo 1.8.6 with --disable-
>> freetype:
>>

>> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-freetype
>>

>> The configure script seems to just use pkg-config (or freetype-
>> config). Does this mean there is now no way to compile cairo without
>> freetype support when freetype is in fact installed?
>
> I believe it's replaced with --enable-ft.  configure --help
> confirms that.

Indeed! Thank you. I had not read the entire text of configure --help
before sending, just searched it for "freetype" and not found
anything, since the search was case-sensitive...

I also had grepped the entire source for "freetype" (case-sensitive)
to see if I could find any mention of the former --enable-freetype
option and didn't see anything. I had hoped the ChangeLog, at least,
would have noted the change.