[cairo] svg2pdf -- problem with <text>

John Delacour johndelacour at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 09:35:14 PST 2008

This is my first posting to the list.  Last week I installed Cairo
and all its prerequisites on my Mac G4 running Mac OS 10.4.11,
followed by svg2pdf.  I am using a Perl script to create movie frames
in SVG that are immediately converted to PDF files using svg2pdf in
the script.  The image sequence is then opened as a QuickTime movie.

Everything has been going pretty smoothly until just now when I
decided to add text to the SVG code.  The tags <text ...></text> with
no content cause no problem but as soon as I put any text between the
tags the script runs very slowly.  The PDF files are created but have
zero content and I get no error returned from svg2pdf.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem here?

JD